If you’ve walked with Jetti Poles, you’ve likely noticed two things: 1) The intensity of your walk increases; and 2) Your balance and stability increases. The result? A walk that is simultaneously easier and more challenging. We call it the Jetti Pole paradox, and thousands of people have transformed their walking practice, their bodies and their lives with Jetti Fitness.
Now, we’re giving you the opportunity to level up your Jetti experience with more tools to help you continue to get stronger. To amp up your walking for fitness practice a little at a time.
First up? Jetti Weights.
Good things do come in small packages, and these charming but powerful weights are no exception. Attaching easily to your Jetti Poles, they add resistance that boosts the benefit of every step. Weights come as a set of four, each one weighing in at 2.5 ounces, allowing you to control the weight you add. This tailor-made approach enables you to build strength in the way that works for you.
As you power up your Jetti Poles with Jetti Weights, you’ll find each weight adds a meaningful challenge, so as with any new exercise, keep these tried and true tips in mind:
- Start low. Sure, you have four weights, but start out with two—one on each pole. You can increase the weight as you build up strength and endurance. (You may even want to start out with putting the weights in your pocket!)
- Start slow. Slowing your walking pace will help you get used to the added weight and allow you to make adjustments as needed.
- Keep it short. When you begin walking with Jetti Weights, don’t pressure yourself to conquer your usual distance all at once. Insead, try using them for a bit, but when you feel your body start to fatigue, remove your weights and stash them in a hip pack or pocket while you finish your walk. Let your body acclimate to the added weight without overdoing it.
- Change it up. It’s good to vary up your workouts, so don’t use your Jetti Weights every day, especially not at first. As you become stronger, you’ll be able to incorporate them into more exercises more often.
- Watch your arm swing. You may want to get those arms pumping while you Jetti Walk, but don’t take huge swings with your Jetti Poles. A smaller swing movement will do the trick.
Once you’ve gotten the feel of your new Jetti Weights, the sky's the limit! You’ll be able to not only level up your walking practice, but you’ll also be able to add more intensity to those key exercises: the Jetti 9—nine building block movements that address every major muscle group. Your arms, back, chest, core, legs, and glutes will be feeling the burn as you build up muscle and added strength.
So, weight no more and grab yourself a set of Jetti Weights and walk your way to a stronger body.